Social media channels useful in e-commerce
Nowadays, social media is one of the most effective communication channels in e-commerce. They enable us to reach potential recipients more efficiently, create deep relationships with customers and, as a result, increase sales in e-shop.
How to use the potential of social media?
- Reaching the audience – a skilfully run profile in social media is, above all, an excellent tool for raising brand awareness among potential recipients and building a trusted fan community around it. In particular, engaging and valuable content serves this purpose – entries, photos or videos.
- Collecting information – social media are also effective tools for gathering valuable information about consumers’ preferences and behaviours. The most popular websites, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Pinterest, provide brands with detailed demographic data – about age, gender or location of their potential recipients. This, in turn, allows segmentation of clients and accurate understanding of their needs and the creation of a personalised message addressed to them.
- Calling to action – popular social media channels allow brands to include in the description of the page and in posts the call to action buttons. CTA (Call to Action) buttons allow interested customers to go to the purchase site of a given product with just one click, which translates into an increase in the channel conversion rate. In addition to the “buy now” button, social media can redirect customers to the contact department, download a mobile application or encourage other activities (for example, to download an e-book).
How to choose social media for an online shop?
The wide range and ease of use of social media make them an extremely important communication channel for brands, especially in the e-commerce industry. To use the potential of social media, you must first find answers to key questions:
Different target groups can be found on Facebook, on Instagram, or on Snapchat. Depending on the chosen platform, a different type of content and the language of communication will be used.
- What is the goal of your activities in social media?
Different media help in achieving different goals. Facebook is a great tool to support the sale of products and services. Instagram will work as a place to present a more “human” face of the brand, and YouTube – for the practical application of its products and services.
- What content will you publish?
Each of the social networks is governed by different principles – also in terms of content. While on Facebook engaging content counts, you will need video investment on YouTube, and on Instagram or Pinterest you should focus on an aesthetic graphic content.
The choice of channels for social media communication must always be adjusted to the target group. To put it simply, your brand must be where your customers are.
The video version of this article is available on YouTube: